The Baldwin County Home Builders Association is giving a unified voice to our membership at the state legislature and state regulatory agencies. We advocate to ensure that your ability to operate your business, employ people, and make a profit isn’t hindered by burdensome regulations. We advocate for legislation that helps our industry thrive and become a much stronger contributor to Alabama’s economy.
Our political action committee, ABPAC, plays a big role in our advocacy efforts at the state legislative level. Your voluntary contributions assist the BCHBA team in making sure we have a friendly and positive political environment in the state capital.
Your contribution to ABPAC is collected in the form of a voluntary $50 payment through your membership dues. In addition we raise money for ABPAC with our Annual Golf Tournament and Drawdown.
Issues Affecting Home Builders in Baldwin County:
- Construction Codes and Standards Energy
- Conservation and Environment
- Water Quality and Wetland Mitigation
- Business Regulations and Economic Development
- Development Fees and Taxes
- Labor Issues
- Land Development and Smart Growth
- Taxation Issues
- Private Property Rights
- Worker’s Compensation and General Liability Insurance